Lixia

Surrender's Guestbook RSS

• 6 years 6 months ago
    HI Lily,  Thank you for stopping by.  We had a good time at Great Adventure.  I learned alot about the park that day.  There were long lines to get on the Roller Coasters.  Lots of the larger rides have blocked views.  I hope to work annd get more photos there next summer.  It is a nice memory album.  Have a good day,  Scott
  • 6 years 6 months ago
    Hi Lily,
       Thank you for your comment on my picture of the dancer.  I'm trying to lighten it up a bit.  Its a learning process.  I'm glad you liked the one I did.  I agree with you to take out the guitar.  I was playing with it after you suggested it.  I have to be very careful in the cloning on that there is two colours in the area so I have to be careful. I'm trying to make the details in the face look more natural less dark.  I'll see what I can do.  I asked Dennis f-32 to check it out.  He did some work on it that is great.  Now I'm going to see what I can come up with.  I have more pictures of the dance we were at if you wopuld like to look at them.  The labum is the Puerto Rican Day fundraiser I think.  It is in the newark sewction o fmy albums.  Have a good  day,  Scott
  • 6 years 6 months ago
    Hi Lily,
       Thank you for your comment on my picture of me clearing up the snow.  It was hard work.  I'm still doing it.  There was lots of deep snow to get out the roads of the cemetery.  I got stuck a few times in the truck cleaning up the streets.  All this hard work I'm waiting fo rthe sun and weather to get warmer to get the rest of the job done.  Have a good day,  Scott
    • Surrender Premium user China (Private)
      6 years 6 months ago
      Take care, Scott. I think we got to enjoy more family time in winter since it is hard to hang out, especial in the north. I wish you keep warm and get it done soon.
      • 6 years 6 months ago
        I dress in layers when I go outside like that.  If my head or feet get too cold its no fun.  We accually got snowed in that storm.  We had one tuesday to wed night.  No wind so it was a lot easier to clean up.  One day I wish it would snow on a friday or saturday.  I may be able to get pictures of the cemetery before I clean it up.
  • 6 years 9 months ago
    Hi Lily,

I just wanted to tell you about this cool thing that is happening to me on friday. We had a tour of the cemetery recently and one of the person's involved told the local paper The Star Ledger I am the third generation to work and live at the cemetery. I did the interview yesterday with the journist and had some pictures taken today by a staff photographer. I spent most of the midday taking the photographer on a tour of the cemetery and taking portraits of me in diffrent places in the cemetery. I was on the recieving end of posing for pictures and taking a lot of them. I have no idea which one they will use. How is everything going with you? Hope all is well. Have a good day, Scott
  • 6 years 9 months ago
    Hi Lily,

Thank you for your comment on my niece Geovanni and Minnie and David's picture. We took Geovannis out for dinner for her Birthday. We went to a new restaurant in our area called Fire and Ice. You choose all the food you want the cook to make for you on an open grill. I'm not finished with the album yet but posted a few pictures. I'm working on the other pictures for the album. I like your new albums very much. When I get the chance to I'll leave some comments on the pictures that I like. hope all is well with you. Have a good day, Scott
  • 7 years 1 month ago
    G'day Lily, Thank you for your nice comment on my rose photo.. I enjoyed visiting your albums..
    It is very nice to meet you.. come back around any time.. Have a wonderful week! :) (((hugs))) Marilyn
  • 7 years 2 months ago
    Hi Lily,

I enjoyed your new albums. I'll give them some comments when I get the chance to. Sorry about your job. You know the old saying when God Closes one door another one will open. Sometime it just takes some patiencs and things will be good again. A new job will come to you in soon I hope. How is the little girl you asked me to pray for? Miracles of God are great. My Dad has to undergo major surgery for colon cancer on May 20, 2010. He will spend 20 days in the hospital to recover after surgery. His faith is strong. I cannot be with him but my thoughts and prayers are with him. He just had a triple by pass surgery in Feb. He was supposed to get the colon surgery in Feb but found the hesrt problem while perparing him for the colon cancer surgery. He would not have survived the other surgery without the heart surgrey. Have a good day I'll catch up to you soon. Scott
  • 7 years 3 months ago
    Hi Lily,

I wanted to tell you I finally gave the picture of my niece Sabrina the picture i took of her on Christmas. It is the picture with the ribbons in her hands. She liked the white backround very much. My family were very happy with all of their pictures. I took a few more family portratis over the weekend. I used some lights on them. I have some touch ups to do to them before I post them in my albums. Hope you had a good weekend. Scott
    • Surrender Premium user China (Private)
      7 years 3 months ago
      hi, Scott,
      It is so nice to give photographs as gifts to friends and family. I wish I could it in the near future. I like your light setting. I was thinking to get a SB600 for my D90, but will put it off. I will learn how to use natural light first. I am also losing my job in this lab because of lacking funds. I am looking for another job. Please pray for direction and provision.
      The girl you have just commented on was born with Arthrogryposis, which means her joints couldn't function. Doctors said she would not be able to walk nor speak. Her mother has never stopped praying for her. At age six she started walking, though awkwardly, but she started walking. And on the same year her track (a tube to lung) was taken off so that she could breath on her own after six years. Last year her thigh bone was dislocated so she needed a surgery to put it back. The doctor said she needed another surgery to put the track in her lung because her trachea was too small to survive the thigh surgery . Her track surgery was scheduled on April 8. After 20 minute she was sent to operation room the doctor told her mother that she didn't need this surgery anymore. Her trachea is big enough to carry another surgery. What's more, her vocal cord was healed and she should have no problem to speak. She only need to learn speak as a baby. What a miracle!
      Praise the Lord!